Sunday, October 19, 2008

Post 1: The Election

I'm sick of all of the blogs I made before. They became pointless and boring to me, except for the one about Halifax.

I think I will enjoy blogging now, because there is nothing like being completely anonymous on the web and so I can give out my opinions.

So, I got to vote for the first time on Tueday. First, I want to say I am proud for fulfilling my duties as a Canadian Citizen and as a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven. Am I a Christian? Yes, I am and I am proud of it!!! It was easy for me to choose because I turned into the news of the world at large in grade 11.

OK, I voted Conservative. If I was old enough to vote during the last election I would have voted for them to. Why? Because there campaign was not just about bashing the liberal leader, but it was more about talking about what the Conservatives wanted to do and where they think the country should go. I was very impressed and I decided to vote for them the first chance I got.

I did vote for them in the end because I found that Stephen Harper and his party had a much better idea of how to run a country that has a capitalist economy. From researching the platforms of the parties I found that the NDP and Liberals wanted to hurt what our economy is primarly based on, which is private businesses. Both the carbon tax and the large business taxes that the Conservative's main rivals wanted to implement seemed to be what would scare corporations back into the U.S. or other Western countries. I found that out when I discovered that when the state government imposed a similar tax in California the businesses just said "To Hell" with the place and it was not until the tax was lifted that they came back.

My problem with the darn thing was that the Conservatives sank to the same place that the NDPs and the Liberals fell to last time. They just bashed the leaders of the other parites instead of telling Canadians what they wanted to do. This was the same for the ads, debates and news conferences and all. That was it!! What the hell is the point of only insulting the other parties. If I wanted to see that I could have turned on my television set and watched some of the cartoons. I know that these guys don't agree on issues, that's the why they are not in the same party, why can't they grow up and tell me what their vision of Canada is?

Well, almost all of them. I know what the PQs idea of Canada is: a country divided! The PQ should not even be a federal party! Countries like the US or Britain would never allow a party that was threatening to tear the country a part. But here we are, Canadians allowing just that. I think it is time we showed the separatists the door and made it clear that they have no place in Canada.

I know what you are thinking: what happened to free speech? Well to me, free speech is a right that has been heavily abused in Western Society. To that end I think that our government needs to crack down a lot more heavily. Here we have a party that is set on dividing Canada and only has ridings in one Province. The PQ does not belong on a Federal ballot, it belongs on a provincial ballot in Quebec. Actually no Separatist party should belong on any ballot because it is not for the country in fact it represents more a very selfish and bandaid solution to the tension that exitst between English and French Canada.

It is true that the English have made mistakes in the past when it comes to Quebec but I cannot condone how the French are responding by being stubborn and selfish.

But bah they won't listen to me, due to stubborness and I am only a second year post-secondary student. Why I am currently watching Dragon's Den and dream of a day when I can walk into a room and people will shut up so they can hear what I have to say. Just like what my mom gets at PMRA as a section head.

That's one joy of blogging, I can rant and complain and not care about what people think. But I won't get too insulting because They could be watching!!!!! (I don't know who "They" is but I know they're out there).

That tis it for tonight as I am getting hungry and tired.

No comments: