Friday, October 24, 2008

New Devotional Book and Stuff



So, I was at the library at Bible College looking for a third commentary on the Gospel of Matthew for my New Testament paper that I have to do. While I was looking I came a cross a devotional book called, "Ancient Christian Devotional: A Year of Weekly Readings".
Although I did not find the book, I was intrigued by this book because I have not read anything from some of my ancient brothers and sisters in Christ. It seemed very intriguing and it was based on Lectionary Cycle A, which is the Scripture Reading Cycle for Catholic and mainline churches. So, I decided to borrow it.
Well, I am liking it so far. It is set up so that I can do it at my own pace by doing it once a week or one reading section everyday of the week. What it includes is a Theme, Opening Prayer, Old Testament Reading, Response Psalm, New Testament Epistle (Letter), Gospel Reading, and a Closing Prayer. What they recommend is that you read the Opening prayer at the beginning then do a reading and then read the Psalm in response and then do the closing prayer.
It is an intriguing book and I look forward to reading the words of my siblings in Christ that came before me. However, I can only renew it twice so I will hopefull get my fill it during that time. However, if God wants me to continue I know He will find a way which is good because I have been neglecting my quiet time with Him.
Now, because a blog is like a diary, I may choose to do some of my devotional reflections on here. Why? Because I want you, my trusty reader, to get a sense of how God is using me and helping me to grow in my Christian faith. So, I think quiet time with Him and sharing a little bit of it would be very enjoyable.




No comments: