Friday, October 24, 2008

Darth Vader Part II


So, yesterday I confessed my obsession and my Darth Vader picture count, which is about to grow soon now that I discover that there are new pictures on a Google that I must acquire.

Yeah, I know, I have over 1000 pictures already. All of them are from all the movies Darth Vader was in and I have pictures from one of the Star Wars games I own. But as a fan, I cannot just settle for what I have because that is the joy of being a fan and collecting. You always want the latest mechandise!!

So, today I am going to tell you about how I got obsessed with this particular Dark Lord of the Sith.
Well, it all started in grade 6. My brother received the Star Wars trilogy for Christmas and we started to watch it. For Episode IV, no characters stood out to me but after I watched Episode V one did.
Now, by tradition, I always liked the good guy in a film. However, for some reason, I found myself drawn to the villain. Why? I don't know. All I know is that the villain started to stand out to me and I started to daydream about him. That's how I know I like a character by daydreaming about him.
The reason why Darth Vader is different from the rest is that this villain and the Bible saved my life. You see, in grade 7 I had a crush on a guy. Now, before this guy came along, I was teased and ignored by everyone. However, this guy was nice to me (or so I thought as I later found out). Now, because of my non-verbal learning disability I became obsessed with the guy and he dominated my daydreams (Darth Vader just got pushed aside). Unfortunately he did not return my feelings. Now his rejection was the breaking point after years of rejection from people. To make a long story short, I was in the hospital on 3 separate occasions for suicidal attempts.
Now, how did Darth Vader (a guy who is known for being a merciless killer) save my life? Well, the Bible saved my life by giving me a new will to live and a purpose. It also brought me salvation through Jesus Christ. But my thoughts about this guy got pretty...passionate. So, I cannot focus on Jeus in that way so I had to focus on something. So, I decided to replace the guy with Darth Vader. I basically decided that I had to become re-obsessed with Darth Vader by putting my energy into Jesus, Darth Vader and schoolwork. In the end it worked...
Why am I still obsessed since grade eight was 5-10 years ago? Well, Darth keeps me on the right track and focused, believe it or not. That and I am not interested in my sexuality outside of my head at all. That's right: I'm not attracted to guys, girls, cats, dogs, nothing!! And I like to keep it that way, because I think that for a person like me it is safer if I keep my sexuality inward and not outward. No, No, no more of it, I do not have time for that nonsense (well it is nonsense for me, not for other married couples).
And that is how I became obsessed with Darth Vader and why I still am obsessed with Darth Vader.

No comments: