Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Classical Christian Music

After a year of absence, I have decided to give this blogging thing another try. Although people do not always read my blog I think it is good for me to get my opinion out. So, here it goes.

I love classical Christian music. It is so beautiful and haunting, especially liturgical music. When I listen to it I feel much more in the presence of God and not focusing so much on the world around me. Listening to it is like walking into a Cathedral or an old church with all the stone carvings and such.

Contemporary Christian music and churches never cause that kind of reaction in me. The teaching is more what brings me into God's presence but more on an intellectual level and never an emotional or deeper spiritual level. I really enjoy going to Cathedral's, Catholic masses, and listening to classical Christian music. It is too bad a lot of what makes those three things cause me to respond to God more are often thrown out of Protestant music and contemporary Christian artists. They may not know what it is that their congregation maybe missing.

No comments: